Monday, November 22, 2004

Note to self:

Remember I warned you that I'm not a professional ...

I read some this weekend about a sluggish holiday trading week being anticipated. (It probably would have been better not to put in a buy order the Friday before Thanksgiving week!)

In spite of my inexperience, I'm working the plan. I DO have a position with a sell order in place. If the stock reaches 30.22 (a 2% gain plus enough to cover the commissions) the order should initiate. My husband is home this week and he agreed to keep an eye on it. Should it fall by 8%, he'll sell it for me. The most important thing is to protect the capital and then to make money of course.

An interesting observation: I traded on paper for a long time before opening an on-line account. I always said "assuming these trades executed" when showing someone the results. I figured a bit player like myself wouldn't necessarily get the trades. In other words, just because the stock hit that price that day didn't mean it executed.

I watched the data during my last trade and was amazed that as soon as the stock hit my price, the sell order hit and executed. All for just 35 shares.

Amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home